#Bucketlist:10 Things I Want To Do Before I Die
When I knew I would have to write this blog, I was very excited. I thought ‘this is going to be easy’. But I have to be honest, it was not. I want to do so many things before I die, how do I pick 10? I’m sure by the time this is posted, I will already have added more things to my list, but for now, for at least today, here are the top 10 things I want to do before I die.
1) Go on a Mission trip. I love to volunteer and help others less fortunate. I also love to travel. I think that experiencing another culture while helping better their life would be so rewarding.
2) Run a half marathon. I do not enjoying running, but I enjoy finishing races. I have only done 5k’s, but I figure with training and will-power I can do it.
3) Spend time alone with my husband on a white sandy beach…We are going to Mexico in less than 2 weeks. We will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary and I am so excited. Everyday life can be so busy, I am looking forward to just relaxing and enjoying each other’s company.
4) Go to an Oklahoma City Thunder basketball game. I love basketball and I love Kevin Durant. I saw Michael Jordan and The Bulls play years ago, but it was an exhibition game. Although it was one of my greatest memories, I just think that the atmosphere at Oklahoma City would be incredible.
5) Take a road trip across the country. I think it would be fun to just take a summer and go from the West Coast to the East Coast. I have never been to Napa Valley or Rhode Island…so I would like to travel from one to the other, stopping at touristy places along the way.
6) Watch my cousin jump off the Strasphere. My cousin Vinessa has been wanting to this for a few years now. Neither one of us has been to Vegas, so this would be an awesome trip. We are both terrified of heights and she thinks jumping off a building that is over 1,000 feet tall will help her get over this fear. I think she’s crazy, but I would be crazy not to go and watch her do it.
7) Travel to Europe. I really have no specific place. I would love to go to Greece, Italy, France, Switzerland…It really doesn’t matter. I have a connection in Switzerland now, so maybe this will happen sooner rather than later. We’ll see.
8) Watch Kaitlyn (my daughter) graduate from high school and college. As a mother, one of my greatest feelings is being proud of her. She makes me so proud every day, I can only image how I will feel on the day she graduates.
9) Have another child. I always wanted to have a big family. Unfortunately, time is of the essences here. Kaitlyn is 12 years old now, so it’s been a while since I’ve taken care of a baby. I am very much looking forward to this experience again…let’s just hope I remember how to change a diaper.
10) Write a book. I really don’t care if it doesn’t get published; I have just always wanted to write a book. I have no idea what the book would even be about. I am not sure if I would want it to fiction or non-fiction. As soon I figure all this out, I guess I will get started.